The key to this recipe is the teriyaki sauce. It might take a while to thicken until the sake and mirin get evaporated, but it is very important to make sure not to skip this step, otherwise, the sauce won't taste like the teriyaki we all know and love. If you would like to make the cooking time shorter, try it on a medium to large pan, instead of a pot. This way the liquid quickly evaporates and thickens faster. If it starts to foam, then take it off the heat until the foam dissipates. Put it back on low to medium heat and keep mixing until it thickens. Once done, mix with the veggies and the soy crumble while it's hot, as the sauce hardens once it gets colder. If hardening occurs, you can reheat it on low heat again to loosen up the sauce. Be cautious to not heat up on high as it may burn easily because of the brown sugar. The Soy Yum Plain Crumble is already cooked in the package, so you don't need to stir fry with the boiled veggies too long. Enjoy!
- 2 small whole carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 3 bunches of broccoli
- 2 sliced green onion
- One tablespoon white sesame
- Half pack of Soy Yum Plain Crumbles
(SAUCE) *See the [Tips] for very important tips
- 4 oz Mirin
- 4 oz Sake (for cooking)
- 4 oz Soy Sauce
- 4 level tablespoons Brown sugar
1. Cut carrots, celery, and green onion into small sliced pieces. Put the fresh green onion separately on the side as it's going to be one of the toppings at the end.
2. Boil water in a medium size pan, then put in the carrots, celery, and broccoli. Then boil the vegetables for 2-3 mins. Drain the water and put the vegetables to the side.
3. Pour sake, mirin, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a medium/large size pot/pan. Put the heat on high until it starts to boil. Once it starts to boil, put the heat on low to medium and keep mixing for about 15 mins until it thickens.
4. In a separate medium to large pan/pot, warm up the Soy Yum Plain Crumbles , then add the carrots and celery. Gently mix them with 2/3 of the sauce until the sauce is evenly spread.
5: Put it on hot rice and sprinkle the green onion and sesame. Add Broccoli and the remaining sauce on top if desired. And VOLA! Enjoy
WHAT YOU NEED
El Burrito products are created for you and your loved ones to enjoy!
We hope that you are enamored with our classics, or maybe interested in trying out something you've never had before.
Either way, you are joining in a tradition of healthy and delicious fare that spans more than 30 years.
Copyright © 2020 El Burrito Mexican Food Products Corporation. All Rights Reserved